A Livable, multicultural City, Canada is a sought-after destination when it comes to Ph.D. courses precisely it is one of the world's most popular destinations for international students with about 300'000 new immigrants annually. The country offers an abundance of research opportunities to scholars to expand their expertise.If you're looking forward to studying PhD Program at any leading university in Canada then you're actually at the right place. This blog will provide crucial aspects of studying in Canada.
Why Choose Canada?
Apart from the fact that Canada provides quality and international standard education, Canada offers:
- Increased rate of employment opportunities
- Quality Education
- International Recognized degree
- Low Cost Of living and tuition fees relative to other Anglophone countries.
- Culturally diverse experience for international students.
- Canada Offer Post-study work options for up to 3 years.
Ph.D. Structure In Canada
Ph.D., an abbreviation for Doctor of Philosophy is an academic degree that qualifies the degree holder to perform independent research in their chosen field.It is the highest level of degree that a student can achieve. in most countries, including Canada it qualifies the degree holder to teach their chosen subject at the university level or to work in a specialized position in their chosen field.
The Ph.D. study in Canada has more in common with the UK than in its neighboring country US. Whereas the US Ph.D. typically starts up with one or two years of taught lectures and examinations before a student defines their thesis topic, Canada is often research-focused from the outset.
What Are The Requirements To Study Ph.D. in Canada?
- A Master Degree in the related field
- Evidence of English Language Competence Test such as IELTS or TOEFL
- A very good score on Graduate Record Examination or Graduate Management Admission Test
- letters of recommendation: you are to provide at least 2 letters of recommendation which will serve as your academic references. You can get this from a tutor who knows your work at the undergraduate or postgraduate level.
- Promotion (Exemption). This is for only students who graduated with a first-class bachelor’s degree. They can easily be promoted into a Ph.D.ithout having a master degree
How Long Does It Take To Finish A Phd In Canada?
in Canada ranges between a minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 6 years Generally Most courses are based on a 4 year program.The length of the program all depends on the course.
Top Universities In Canada
- University of Toronto
- McGill University
- University of British Columbia
- University of Montreal
- University of Alberta
- University of Victoria
- University of Waterloo
- University of Ottawa
- University of Calgary
How To Select A Suitable University
To select a suitable university, you need to take some vital things Into consideration
1. Academic Excellence
Before opting for a university make sure to know the quality of courses provided by the school. It's possible to have a school provide quality education generally but falls back in a specific course.
2. International Student Support
It's advisable to know if the university has an international student support program where International students would be given an orientation of the school, city, and even the educational system of Canada.
Make a research on the location of the school may be via google map, Apple app, etc
The location of the school shouldn't be left out.
How much does it cost to study in Canada?
Depending on the program, specialization, and the university it should cost about 8,000 to 20,000 CAD annually
Funding And Scholarship
There are many scholarships available for international students but most of these scholarships are based on academic merit.